Information Assimilation and planning :
The first step in designing a website is information gathering . To get a feel of what exactly the client wants we ask a lot of question . A questionnaire is provided that needs to be filled from the clients end.A lot of things is taken into consideration such as purpose of the website , business goals , target audience and the content . Planning : After compiling all the information gathered from your end we put up a plan for your website . A SITE MAP comes into picture which covers all the topics and sub-topics of the site . It gives us a fair idea as to what would be the content of the website and is quiet essential to develop a consistent and easy to comprehend navigation system.
Designing and Development :
From the information gathered till this phase we determine the look and feel of your website . Target audience is an important factor that is taken into consideration here . A site aimed at youngsters would definitely have a very different look from that of a financial institution . WE strive our best to use elements such as company logo or colors to help intensify your integrity . Once a prototype is designed , the client is given access to the client studio , which is absolutely secured from any external evasion . The studio enables you to monitor the designing and development stages of your project . You are free to express your pleasure or displeasure on the ongoing work on your website. Development: This is the stage where the website is created. We assimilate all the graphic elements from the prototype and use the same to create the functional website. After this the content is placed in the appropriate sections. During the entire process the client would be able to view the site from the client studio and suggest changes.
Testing and delivery :
This is the penultimate stage . At this point we cater to the finer details and then test the website . WE test for adherence to complete functionality , compatibility issues if any and also ensure that the site is optimized to be viewed in the updated browser versions. After the final approval it is time for delivery . The files are uploaded to the server and the website is officially launched.
Various types of websites
The world wide web has completely changed the way we do business. Businesses are networking and prospering in leaps and bounds than they could ever do before due to social networking sites like facebook and Twitter . Underneath is an attempt to identify seven different types of websites available on the world wide web since its inception in the early 90’s :
- Informational Websites : These are the first kind of websites to have been launched and as the name suggests they help viewers find the desired information.
- Catalogue style websites : These provide general information about a particular business along with the products they carry along with the prices.
- E-commerce websites : Brochure websites are taken a step ahead by these kind of websites . They allow you to shop directly from your computer at the ease and comfort of your home or work station .
- Blogs : Web Logs or blogs as these are popularly known as are relatively newer concepts . They hit the mainstream only in the early to mid 2000s. However as on date these have become very popular in terms of both business and personal use.
- Personal Websites : These are basically an individual’s own personal domain . These are usually created by friends and families to share personal details and keep in contact with their near and dear ones.
- Social Media and Networking websites : Off late Social media and networking websites like facebook and linked in have become a part and parcel of people’s daily life.
- Photo sharing websites : A boon to the photography industry , these websites enable individuals to upload and share photographs online .
Knowing the various types of websites available will help identify the clients web designing requirements and one can zero down to the one that best suits the business needs.
Advantages of having a website :
If you have a flourishing business and still don’t have a website , then you are doomed. Sooner or later your competitors are going to supersede you . Its almost as if your business doesn’t exist . In the complex world of the world wide web people and corporate houses are on the net for every kind of information . Going online will not only boost your business prospect but also enhance your future prospects . So think , before it’s too late . We present before you the advantages of having a website for your business :
- Least expensive : advertising in various forms like print media , radio, television or by other electronic means is very expensive and usually not affordable by small businesses . Having a website provides a big relief as it would make promoting your business online less expensive and affordable .
- Enhancement in customer database : Local business are popular in their respective localities . A website helps to increase the customer base as it is not restricted to any particular region . Internet offers a global platform . With a good website your business would be visible worldwide.
- Advertising : A good SEO provider can enhance the ranking of your website which in turn would add to increased sales and profit.
- Accessibility : There are times when you lose customers as they step in just when you are about to close your business . Well, a website is the solution . It never closes and one can access the website day in and out . One just has to ensure that the website is properly equipped with product details .
- Access to information warehouse : When you have a website you can gather a lot of information as to what is happening on it . You can easily have a complete information of how many people visited your website, how many mailed you etc . You can even make changes to it as and how you feel like.
- Freshness is kept intact : Having a blog page in the website which is being constantly updated with fresh blog posts would keep the website absolutely refreshing!
- Better rapport building : Having a website helps you to connect better with your customers.You can send various types of meassages to them according to the occasion. This helps bulid long term relationship with them .
- Increases revenue: More visitors leads to more potential sales . One can drive more traffic to website by constantly updating and promoting the contents of your website through SMM( Social Media marketing) or other methods of digital marketing . In the long run the website would enable you to enhance sales and in turn revenue generation .